Welcome to a new list of fun facts about me! For those of you who have not been here before, every Friday this month I’m making a list of little facts about myself so you can get to know me better. Check out last weeks post for the first 10. These today are going to be a but more personal, so stick with me.
1. I love Funions. No, that’s not a personal item I know, but I really do love them and since it’s Fun Fact Friday I thought I’d start of with a Funion. 😉 see what I did there?
2. My parents are divorced and have been since I was 1 year old. I don’t get along well with my biological mother but my dad gave me one of the greatest women on earth to be my stepmother around age 4. Shes amazing, a true mom.
3. When said crappy mother left, my dad and my two older sisters and I went to live with my great-aunt. Another amazing woman who mothered the hell out of me. She’s been a second mother to me growing up and at 32 years old I still need her as much as any daughter needs her mom.
4. I have a big family! My dad and stepmother went on to have 2 sons, taking me from the baby to the middle child. Yes, I have attributes of both the baby child and the middle child. I’m the most loved pain in the butt in my family.
5. 4 years ago my great-aunt sold me her house. It’s a house that my great-grandfather built in 1936. It’s a wonderful house and I love it. What I don’t love is that that in my aunt’s old age she didn’t care for the house like it should have been and now my husband and I are tasked with the job of tearing it down and rebuilding.
6. My husband and I want children, like now. I’m not a patient person, at all! So every month that Aunt Flo comes for a visit a little piece of my heart breaks. But that’s ok, it will happen eventually. Until then we’ll just love and spoil our dogs more than most humans love and spoil their children.
7. Let’s lighten it back up now. I love the idea of doing yoga. Yes, just the idea. I apparently can’t make myself try it. I have DVDs and books and all sorts of things to get me on a yoga track, but I just can’t make myself start it for some reason. It’s like any workout though, I have to force myself to do it and I’m always glad I did in the end. Maybe there is a blog in there…?
8. I hate clowns! Like seriously hate them. My husband once hid a clown doll in my overhead at work and it scared me. I yelled! And for some reason I still dated him… best decision I ever made.
9. Going out gives me a sort of anxiety. Not just leaving my house though. I make plans with people and then dread it the entire time leading up to it. “Why do I make plans?” “I don’t want to go out with this person.” “I just want to go home and sit with my husband and our dogs.” Just some of the things that go through my head.
10. When I was younger, my aunt would pet my nose. Every time she saw me, she had to pet my nose. Now I can’t stand for anyone to touch my nose. It makes me feel like I have something on my nose and I have to wipe it away immediately! My husband loves to torture me with it.
So there we have it, 10 new facts about me. What would you like to know? Like and comment below and I’ll answer any questions you have next week. Or tell me some facts about you. I’d love to get to know my readers better! Thanks for stopping by.